SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

PAIN MANAGEMENT

Had appointment with Radiation Oncologist today.  He examined my throat and listened to my lungs.  Said he would bet money that there is no cancer in the lymph node anymore.  He said he's always right about these things.  I sure hope so.  I will see him again in 2 weeks.

Next week I see my ENT doctor who may scope my throat and see if there is anything left that looks like cancer on my tongue.  I won't get a PET scan for a while yet.

We discussed the lymphedema in my neck and I told him I am doing exercises for that cause I'm afraid it will get larger.  He said that it will never turn to cancer and not interfere with breathing and that if it does get larger there is a surgery that can be performed for that.  

I asked if I might have scar tissue in my throat as I have trouble swallowing sips of water.  He said he would order a swallow test to determine if that is the case.  He wants me to heal a few more weeks before we do anything else.  My throat is really fried.

I asked when I should start using the Fluoride Dental Trays and he said maybe in a few weeks depending on how my mouth is healing.

I asked for more pain meds and he gave me a script.  I told him how it felt like razor blades in my throat when I swallow the mucous or the sips of water.  He told me not to be a martyr and go ahead and take the full dose of 15ml at a time.  I agreed.  He said that the next two weeks will be the worse of all and I'll need all the pain management I could get.  He assured me that in about 3 weeks I'll see a big improvement in the degree of pain.  I sure hope so.

Today I ingested 806 calories, 95 grams of protein, and 18 ounces of water.

I also lost 2 more pounds and now weigh 160 pounds.










No comments:

Post a Comment